No Spoilers

Part of the fun of this blog is that I am 100% unspoiled from anything that happens when I watch these T.V. shows. You telling me, or hinting at what is going to happen IN ANY WAY (like: "Just wait, Tyler!") will lead me to no other solution but to kill you...or I won't end up liking your favorite show as much as I could because I knew what was going to happen!

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Battlestar Galactica: The Mini Series - Part 2


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: THE MINI SERIES - PART 2



Now, I think that this "episode" served as a good ender to the entire mini-series but the first part was much stronger and more intriguing than the second part.

Overall I thought it was good. I don't really have much more to say about the episode as a whole. I really loved the scene with Starbuck and Apollo (do we call him Adama?) when she pushed onto his ship and dragged him to safety and I was surprised that we didn't get to see Helo. I thought he would be back...I guess we save that for the series. I also really liked Starbuck's characterization. I find it really cool that she was dating Apollo's brother and I love how it connected into the father/son drama they have going on right now. 

My personal taste for T.V. is dark, dark, dark. I LOVE dark pieces, and if this show continues to be dark as hell I will really enjoy it. 

One of my other favorite story lines so far is the president. I think she is a fantastic actress and can really pull off the "strong woman" act that she portrays. 

One complaint I have is that sometimes it's a little hard to tell which ship is which and where some characters are (are they on the galactica? Are they not?) It really only happens through the battle scenes. Comparing those to Firefly's I thought they were much easier to follow. Serenity had a much more unique structure and therefore made it easy to recognize in a huge crowd of other space crafts.

Now to the ending and to my questions. 

1. BOOMER! What? DID NOT SEE THAT COMING. I actually didn't expect them to reveal a cylon so early into the show. But I have some questions. Since there are more than one model of each cylon I think that Cylon Boomer may just LOOK like Boomer because at the end I did not think they were on the Galactica. And we already saw that Boomer was...so maybe there's 2 of her...one that is Cylon and one that isn't. Maybe she's a sleeper? I don't know. Because she seemed to care about leaving Helo a lot. But on other hand, #6 really cared about Giaus and she was a Cylon with a plan against the human race from the beginning (by the way, I DO think she put a chip in his brain and she is transferring her info to him.) 

2. The "There are only 12 Cylon Models note that Capt. Adama received. Where is it from? Does it mean there's only 12 models on the ship? 12 models OVERALL (like the human model, robot model, etc.) or only 12 MADE human models? 

It's all very intriguing. Is the first episode exciting? Is it told in a serialized format? Are there shocking endings every episode? Is there a theme song? I'm excited!

9.0/10

No comments:

Post a Comment